Tuesday 4 July 2017

Not the best month

After a good block of training in Sweden, I headed to Estonia with the team for a two day UCI 2.1 race. Stage 1 was a 220km long stage, I was following moves for the team at the start and then made the second group when it split on the 5km gravel section. Unfortunately this group was caught and I was drop as I had no legs left after 180km. Stage 2 was a 17 laps of a very technical 10km circuit. unfortunatly I didnt have the legs and was dropped and didnt finish the final stage.
After coming home from Estonia I had 3 weeks to get use to my TT bike for nationals. I did my first 10 mile (16km) TT and it didnt go well my power was well down on what it should be. I had only 3 weeks to try find some good numbers. With days until the national tt, I went to Wattshop for some aero testing to try gain some free speed as my power was well down still. I made some great savings taking my Cda from 0.215 to 0.183.
The nationals were at the Isle of Man, the time trial was on a hilly 22km course. When riding it the day before I was expecting to do 30 to 31 minutes for the race. On the day I managed to do 29.37 which was good enough for 5th u23. I was really not expecting to get a top 5 with my form as it was. Come the road race my form really showed and I was pulled with 70km still to race.
I was pleased with my unexpected 5th in the tt in the form I was in. Obviously my pre season goal was to do a lot better.
Now I will have a week of to recover from the first half of the season, before I head to Mallorca for 3 weeks training to prepare for the last half of the season. Hopefully get some good form back to get some results for myself and the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment