Wednesday 30 December 2015

Introduction to Cycling

This is just a little bit about me and how I started off and where I'm at now.
My name is Ben Hetherington. I am an U23 cyclist from the North East of England. I am currently riding for Achieve Northside Skinnergate Elite Cycling Team. This year has been my 3rd year road racing seriously, before I just took part in the odd circuit race and road race. I started off at 14 doing my local club 10's on a Thursday night. My first ever 10 time was just over 28 minutes, but the times soon came down and now I can do sub 20's on the same course regularly.

As a 2nd year junior I managed to get 5th overall at the Junior Tour of Ireland. Which was a result I was more than pleased with, as I my results weren't great so far that season and I had just been getting around road races. The race was ideal for me as the first stage was a time trial which I finished 7th in. So my plan was to make sure I finished in the bunch everyday to keep my position. I managed to do this and gain places as well.

Junior Tour of The Isle of Man Prologue.


In 2014 I was a first year U23, the races were longer and hard. My aim for the season was to get around all the races and try and get a few wins. I managed to get around most when I was feeling fit and got some local wins. During the season I was able to gain my Elite licence.
Rutland Melton Cicle Classic UCI 1.2.


This year I stepped up again and had a much more successful year. I started my season of well with some good results in the UK and Europe, then in my I won my regional road race champs. I also got 10th in the U23 National time trial. Along the way I've had several other wins, podiums and top ten's. 

North East Regional Road Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment